Wednesday 31 July 2013

I love Godiva HT

I was really excited when we took delivery of our first batch of Godiva (Merino singles)  HT 4 ply, I love the Godiva DK its soft and plump and makes very snuggly cuddly blankets and garments, so I was hoping for the same in a 4 ply version.

When the 4 ply arrived I loved it, it was beautiful and soft in the skein.
It dyed like a dream, much like its big sister the DK, strong vibrant colours.
But became crinkly when we mordanted and dyed it.
I understood that the crinkles were a result of the very high twist, which makes it a lovely sock yarn with a brilliant stitch definition.
But I personally don't really like crocheting with high twist yarns I prefer plump, soft cuddly yarn.

Phil disagreed with me, he likes making socks and likes high twist, so he promptly knitted a pair of these claiming that someone should always test knit a new yarn and declared his undying love for Godiva HT.


So I thought I had better try it and used it for the background of my new Spyro blanket.
And instantly I fell in love!
Its soft and smooth to use, and had a brilliant stitch definition.
When I blocked Spyro the Godiva bloomed and transformed into a stunning blanket yarn.


I'm sad to say it has replaced Dazzle HT in my heart, my only regret is its Merino and not BFL, but you can't have everything....

We have some new colours in tomorrows update at 7pm UK time - you will be able to find it HERE




But if you can't wait for tomorrow night you will find we already have some colours in the shop and you can find them HERE





1 comment:

  1. It always amazes me how suprising yarn can be. Enjoy your new love.

    ReplyDelete