Tuesday 15 January 2013

New book?

I promised to tell you more about my colour experiment plans.
As you may have already realised I am doing lots of work with a triangle motif.
All of my recent designs use the same motif, sometimes I use 4 rounds, sometimes 6.
But its still the same basic motif however many I use.


The difference between each design is colour, shape and pattern.
I am so obsessed with the motif and what I can do with it.

This is the starting point for all my designs


So far I have made 2 lap blankets and am working on a lace scarf.
But I have layouts for another 3 blankets, 2 shawls and 2 scarves and I think if I play with photoshop for too long there are more designs lurking.

I'd like to do a book of some of my triangle designs, but am not sure if people want books on colour, shape and patterns. I haven't seen any, but that doesn't mean to say there aren't any.
I've always been a huge fan of Kaffe Fassett, his thing is colour and pattern, I could spend hours looking at his books, not for his knitting patterns, but for the colours and shapes.
I'm not saying I'm want to be Kaffe, but I would love to be as talented and as inspirational.
People love Kaffe, so maybe my book would be ok.

I am worried that you might be disappointed with a crochet book with only one motif in it and that pretty diagrams and photo's might not be enough.
What do you think? I'd love to know.

Although I would say I am going to be guided by your opinion's before I make a decision as to whether I should do a book or not.
But I think I'm far too obsessional to listen.
But I am really interested to know what you think........



5 comments:

  1. I think as long as you make it crystal clear then it is a good idea. I bought a book recently and am very unhappy- i wanted a book of underwear patterns, camisoles and such. What I got was a book which is mainly about buy items and then customising them. And the customising is very simple. It might be that this was clear and I missed it, but I am very disappointed. I wouldn't have bought the book had I realised this. But- lots of people would be delighted.

    I would definitely be interested in this book but of course you can't make it just forme ;0) so it will be interestignt o see what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would LOVE a book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a book from you would be good. Advice on how to change colours, using different colours in the same pattern, and using one motif to make more than one thing would all be things I would love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea for this book and I would certainly buy it. I love the way you put colour together so any guidance and/or inspiration for this would be very welcome. I am a fan of Kaffe too. Also, love your design in the new crochet magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book would be good. I think you have already decided but need poeple to confirm your decision. I would buy it but I can not crochet. I think perhaps I could learn with inspiration as I love using colour.Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete