Friday 17 January 2020

The Reason why - Crochet Mandala's part 1

For the past 10 months I've struggled to work, my heart isn't in my work anymore, nothing seems quite right, I've only made one blanket in the past year and social networking is a chore I try and avoid.
After all our ups and downs, life has finally broken me a bit.

My children are the three best things I've ever made and when one of them needs me, I do my best to help. When Dais needed my help after the birth of Magnus, I was there. 
Ten months later Dais is back at work, Magnus still doesn't sleep well and Bert is well and truly a terrible two. Dais still needs me, so I'm still there, child caring, helping with bedtimes when Daddy isn't there, taking Magnus to toddlers group etc etc


I cherish every moment I spend with them, I'm so lucky to live so close and to be able to be such a big part of their lives and at this point in my life they are my main focus.
Being a grandparent is the best thing ever :-)


The beach photo was taken at Woolacombe, it shows Bert singing to Tinks, while his Mummy tries to keep Ron under control and in the distance Grandpa drags Magnus across the sand in his buggy

However my baby boy's don't fulfill my creative needs, so I've been mindlessly crocheting jumpers, nothing special and nothing I want to share, but it fulfills my need to create. 
Before Christmas I decided to sell a lot of my samples and swatches as I wanted to buy Phil a chiminea as an extra special Christmas present.
I sold them on Facebook, most of them were snapped up immediately (the remaining ones are in my Etsy shop), the thing that became apparent was that people especially loved my circles swatches.
Several people referred to them as mandala's, so I thought why not make more.........

Continue reading this story The result - Crochet Mandala's part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment