Wednesday 15 February 2017

Rose Window - Story of a Crochet Blanket

The 10th and last blanket from my book Rainbow Crochet Blankets is Rose Window.
(You can find the book on Etsy HERE)

Rose Window was my grand finale, and finished a few weeks before my deadline, however I stupidly made it round which made it impossible to get a good photo and so didn't get the love or have the wow factor it deserved.
It was inspired by stained glass rose windows found in Gothic cathedrals and contained yarn from all my indie dyer friends.

Rather than choose the colours before I started I decided to work them out as I crocheted, I love working this way as I never know what the finished blanket is going to look like. I start of with a basic layout plan and colour it in as I go.
I had a lots of false starts and really struggled to get the colours right, so there was an awful lot of frogging involved.
In a way I find frogging quite satisfying as I end up with a pile of scrappy dog ends that I refuse to throw away, I want to use every last little bit, if its more than 30 inches I keep it for another day.
I keep my dog end scraps in little bags patiently waiting for the right blanket to come along.

Wip photo's



Finished photo's


As you can see Rose Window belongs on a wall (or flat on the floor), I've learnt my lesson no more circular blankets for me!! :-)



1 comment:

  1. Circular is more fiddly to display, but this is a glorious blanket! Thank you for the pattern

    ReplyDelete