Friday 26 October 2012

Colouring

Its designing day today and I am sitting on the floor with my laptop colouring in charts on photoshop.
I love colouring in.
Give me a piece of graph paper and some colours and I will spend hours and hours playing.

My eldest daughter Felice is an artist, when she saw my colourings for the first time she said I should publish them as works of art on the internet. She is a painter, but has done a lot of computer art as well.
I don't really think they are interesting enough on their own to publish, as they are all part of patterns.


But its made me think about the way I present my patterns.
I have come to the conclusion that I treat the whole pattern is a piece of art.
I'm very, very obsessive about what the finished pattern looks like, just ask my tec editor!
I could add more detail, but it wouldn't fit with the aesthetic.
Although the charts are a minor part of the pattern they are also one of the most important parts for me.



Maybe the reason I love designing blankets so much is that it gives me the chance to do lots of colouring in.



Anyway back to the colouring for me :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, you should sell prints, postcards and greeting cards, they are scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you remember Altair Designs - I loved them with a passion and probably still would if I got hold of one now. There used to be a new one and a pristine pack of coloured pencils or pens in my stocking every year as Father Christmas knew it would keep me happy unthil normal people woke up. AbiS

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the last design mama:) very happy to be mentioned on the blog as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last colored in design is particularly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete