Friday 8 April 2016

Plankton Scarf - Pattern of the Week

I'm a little bit late writing this blog post, but better late than never :-)

This week's pattern is my Plankton crochet scarf, which you can find HERE

I made it in 2013 for my Madder Triangles book, it was a tribute to Sophie Digard and her amazing crochet scarves which are made with lots and lots of colours and very tiny motifs.
So I made Plankton with a lace yarn (800 metres per 100 gms), Sophie's yarn is even thinner.
You can use 4 ply instead of lace, but you will probably only need 3 rows of motifs instead of 4


After I started the scarf I realised the the centres of the motifs looked like Plankton's eye, Plankton is a character from Spongebob Square Pant's and as his name suggests he is a plankton.


The photographs are shot on Blacklands beach near Lynmouth, Exmoor, the model is my daughter Daisy, it was her 25th birthday and she has never let me forget the fact I made her work on her birthday :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment