Tuesday 22 October 2013

The end of our show year & social networking

Here at NDS we have had a very, very busy year.
Our last show was Ally Pally which was last weekend, since our return home we have been trying to relax and catch up on sleep.
So I have been very, very quiet on the social networking front

We haven't really had a break since January, each month was packed full.
Every month we dye on average 100 kgs for clubs, wholesale and retail stock.
Sometimes we have more wholesale, sometimes we have less.
We started planning the shows we had booked in January.
Our first show was Unravel in February.
The we did the big European trade show in Cologne in March.


Wonderwool in April.
I published my second crochet motif book in May.

Then we did Woolfest in June.


In July, August and the beginning of September we dyed for Yarndale and The Knitting and Stitching show, a total of 6 days show, 2 weeks apart.
Plus I published Madder Triangles in September

All this has meant I haven't had much time to chat on-line, which has resulted in our Ravelry group going to sleep and Twitter almost ignoring me, however our Facebook group has grown and grown and grown.
Social networking is really important to a small business like ours, so I constantly feel guilty that I'm not keeping up with friends, customers and the news.
But something has to give, the 3 of us work 7 days a week, just to keep the work under control.

And now we can have a bit of a rest, although we still have clubs, wholesale and retail stock to dye.
Plus I have some very exciting crochet design work in a very distant pipeline.
I also have a complete crochet motif collection book planned asap, maybe in time for Christmas if I can fit it in.
Plus I need to finish the pattern for a design which is being published in a magazine very shortly.
And finish and publish my Florence blanket.


And finish and publish my new Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Blanket.


And finally finish and plan the Kaleidoscope club blanket.

I'm not complaining we've had an amazing year, I loved every minute of it, we've met loads and loads of customers, both old and new, but please forgive me if I seem absent.
Don't worry we're still here.................


















2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your rest .......if you can call it that , congratulations on a fab year .
    Looking forward to your new designs , love the Florence blanket , colours are so rich.
    Loved your stand at Ally Pally so classy and inviting .
    Best wishes
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    Only found you and your stuff recently -Yarndale - but i'm hooked
    I think you may find that your occasional absence (doing scrumptious things) will only make our hearts grow fonder.
    Hope you are able to pop back occasionally to let us peek at what you are doing
    Take care
    Helen

    ReplyDelete